The Humshaugh Oil Buying Group has burst through the two million litres barrier with this month’s delivery (February 2018). The group was set up in November 2011 and has steadily increased its membership in Humshaugh and the surrounding area. Deliveries reached one million litres in April 2015. Here are some more statistics from the group’s organiser Brian Earl:
- 75 monthly orders have been placed (missing only one month, June 2015).
- 2,839 individual orders were processed.
- A total of 2,008,945 litres were ordered.
- The savings to members are in excess of £80,000.
- The total value of the business placed with the oil suppliers is over £900,000.
Brian is now looking for a deputy to stand in when he’s away on holiday or unable to process the order.
“It only needs a dedicated email address, lots of emails, maintaining an Excel Spreadsheet, and dealing with the oil supplier(s) once a month,” Brian explains. “Please contact me if you’re interested.”
You can e-mail Brian on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01434 689123 or 07500 045711.